Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Thursday's Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thursday's Reviews

Holy crap, I am actually more or less on time! Wonders never cease.  Another small week for me...but a pretty darned GOOD week.  That's a plus.  I did ask Matt, my beloved Comic Book Store owner if Civil War II was over yet, and he just...sighed. 

Green Lantern Corps #2

Yes, I know the title is Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, but that's a bit of a mouthful, and who really cares all that much about Hal anyway?  He does end up fighting more of the Sinestro Corps, Sinestro and Soranik have a discussion about...stuff...and Sinestro discovers that Hal is still a burr under his saddle, so to speak.  The Corps doesn't have a whole lot to do yet, more or less in the..."What the heck are we going to do with only a few hundred members" mode, and John and Kilowog decide that sending Guy Gardner out to mosey around a bit, is the best that they can do. 

Finally!  Sending Guy out is the BEST thing that they can do!  So...I'm pretty happy.

Wonder Woman #4

I finally figured out that every other issue is actually a different story, with Cheetah in #l and #3, and Nicola Scott as artist in #2 and #4 with more or less the story of how Diana found Steve and became Wonder Woman.  It is...actually pretty fabulous.  I don't mind the Cheetah story, but I like the Nicola Scott art so very very much and the story of Diana, so that's my favorite so far. 

The Amazons find the men on their island, and are properly horrified and confused. There is a lot of discussion of what to do with them, cooler heads prevail, and there is a lot of soul searching and finally a competition for who is the lucky girl to go to Man's World. Guess who wins.  But the art is frankly gorgeous. The women look like individuals, not clones of each other with different colored hair, which is a delight.  I love Hippolyta's nose for example.  She and Diana resemble each other, but again, aren't clones of each other.

Pretty wonderful actually.


All-New All-Different Avengers #l

This is actually a bonus edition and consists of the "Fan-Fiction World of Ms. Marvel" Which I didn't realize at first when I picked it up, but it is my favorite Avengers book at the moment, and the cover looks like a regular issue.

Oh My God.

You MUST get this!  I was crying tears of laughter as I read this book.  My daughter came into the room to see what was the matter with me, because I was also shrieking.  With joy. 

So, Amala comes home and fires up the old computer, and then stumbles across some fan-fiction about...herself!  She loves to write it, but never really thought that other people would use her as a ship apparently.  There are five stories, each more fantastic than the other.  I completely lost it at the Spectacular Spider-Mole, not to mention Quack-O'-Lantern.  The Squirrel Girl one is just magnificent...hell, they are ALL magnificent!

Oh Marvel.  I've been a bit surly about Civil War lately, but with this...with this book you have redeemed yourself in my eyes.  Until next week anyway.

I think I'll go and read it again.  And the again.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Yeah, Rucka is alternating Wonder Woman's Year One story with the present day story and both are great. I love the art on both, too.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It is pretty fantastic. Ruck just has such a good ear for Diana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home