Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Some Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Some Reviews

Dagnabit.  I had almost my entire review all typed, and then...somehow hit a button, and lost the whole damn thing.  I hate when that happens.  So...here we go again.

Firstly, I was moaning that I haven't been feeling all that enthusiastic about my books lately.  There are some really good ones out there, that I am enjoying, but there are also an equal number of books that I feel I ought to be enjoying...but aren't all that much. It's a tad depressing.

Green Lantern Corps #7

This is the perfect example.  I love Green Lanterns, and I love the Corps, but once again, it seems as though this book is just going through its paces, providing some generic fight scenes that could have come from any of the last six issues, and I wouldn't have known the difference.  Sinestro is fighting Hal. Hal is fighting Sinestro.  Guy does manage to withstand the torture,and frustrate the Hate Guy, and Soranik has a brief spat with Lyssa, while John, Kilowog and the rest of the Corp which are slowly...oh so slowly charging to the rescue all get together to pose nicely.

It's...adequate.  But it could be so much more.  The plot is advancing at a glacial pace, and frankly, I'd like to see something actually happen.  And soon.


Blue Beetle #2

This is another example of a book that I was waiting for desperately, and have been pretty...lukewarm about.  It has some of my favorite characters, but the plot is choppy, and the dialogue is dense and a tad confusing.  It involves the Posse...somehow, and they all seem to have powers of some kind, and some girl is inappropriately flirting with Jaime, and the Scarab never ever seems to do anything, and it was all kind of confusing actually. 

And Jaime's mom is helping the Posse?  What the hell?

I do hope that this settles down, and becomes less scattered.


Ms. Marvel#12

This book on the other hand, has always delivered,and continues to do so.  Taking a break from all of her troubles, what with Bruno being hurt, and Captain Marvel being a giant douche and the whole Civil War crap, Kamala goes back to Pakistan to visit with her extended family and just chill for a bit.  She still feels a bit like an outsider, but bless her plucky little heart, is still trying to chip in and help out where and when she can.  It's a nice issue, and it also has nothing to do with Civil War...Thank God.


Saga #39

Yet another book that always delivers.  Hazel has figured out that something terrible has happened to Izabel, and Prince Robot admits that he sent her off on a more or less suicide mission. Petrichor, who takes no crap from anyone decides to go and find out what happened.  Also Alana stops children from playing with dangerous firearms, which is a good thing, and the Will, who has pretty much gone to seed, gets fired.

And we never do find out how a robot drinks, which is a shame.  God I do love this book.

So...two really good books and two books that should be really good, but are just going through the motions at this point.  

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I loved Saga and Ms. Marvel. Those two comics always deliver. As for Blue Beetle, I've been disappointed. The personality of the original version is gone. It's uninteresting and confusing at the same time, which is kinda hard to do, actually. But mostly, it's boring me.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I had hope for Blue Beetle now I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-orders for the next two issues. Maybe the series needs more time to set things up to be a better series and for Giffin to find his groove. But this issue felt like it was dragging and the Blur parts were pointless.

If the character work was stronger I could be more forgiving. We barely saw the Reyes and his friends always bicker. The mentor/student relationship just has Ted doing what he wants regardless and Jaime not wanting to deal with it. A big part of the interacts have characters quipping only a good portion isn't funny.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Blue Beetle has been a bit of a disappointment... to put it mildly. Jaime has almost no personality at all, and oddly enough, neither does Ted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home