Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I've Been Snookered!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, July 13, 2017

I've Been Snookered!

Oh when will I ever learn?  Went to the Comic Book store yesterday to pick up my books...a whole lot fewer books than I used to get... when lo and behold, there was a Ragnarok prelude comic, with a photo of Mark Ruffalo on the cover !

Now I have been enjoying the heck out of the Marvel movies, and I am just dying to see the new Thor:Ragnarok movie in November, so of course I eagerly snatched it up.

Well...I really should have flipped through it first, because there wasn't a darned thing about the movie, it was just a very poorly drawn and written rehash of the Hulk movies, which I have never seen.

No Hela, no Thor, no Odin...no Loki.

Gotterdamerung!

Fortunately I also found Squirrel Girl, which got me off the ledge...but still!

6 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Well, that sucks. I hate when they do that.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always flip! Welcome back!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

That's a bummer for sure. At least you have Squirrel Girl. This is the start of her trip to the Savage Land, right?

I had a question for you. DC released those omnibus collections of Starman a few years back, and I thought I remembered you mentioning you'd bought them. If so, do they hold up well, as in the binding and stuff? I was thinking about trying to get them myself, but I always worry those bigger collections are cumbersome to read. It's hard to get them to stay open without breaking the spines, and sometimes the pages come loose, so I figured I'd try picking someone's brain on it.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Calvin... those are some of my favorites. They are hardbound, and provided you aren't using them for a football or something they hold up just fine. Ridiculously expensive... but they also came with additional art and stories tat I don't think were released elsewhere.

Damn...I haven't read them in a while...I should pull them off the shelf and indulge. Sharman was just... amazing.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

That does suck, similar things have happened to me. One of the issues I recall tricking people on was an issue tying into the Court of Owls written by Winick. The cover had Tim Drake fighting a Talon and would be the only apparent issue during the event to show Tim in action. Many people bought it for that reason. But the story was about the Talon, who Tim never fights. Tim shows up for one panel with no lines. Winick did state the issue was about the Talon in an interview but the cover fooled people. Needless to say they weren't happy about it.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It is basically bait and switch... and we have all fallen for it, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home